Star of David
How to cut one from a single sheet of rectangular paper
Star Outline Instructions
This web page shows you how to cut a Star of David from a piece of paper. The first 5 steps are the same as the instructions for cutting a six-pointed star.
- Take a piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold in half again but only make a small crease to show the midpoint. Fold the bottom right corner upwards to make a 60° angle at the midpoint.
- Fold the bottom left corner upwards to meet with the right edge of the paper. You will get a pizza shape.
- Fold this pizza shape in half again.
- Cut a wedge out: cut from bottom right up towards the top left. Here, you need to cut at an angle so that the resulting wedge is in the shape of an isosceles triangle. See what is an isosceles triangle:
- Cut off the bottom of the isosceles triangle. Cut below the mid line. You will get a right-angle triangle.
- Cut out a smaller, right-angle triangle. You will get a shape that is like a checkmark.
- When you unfold the checkmark, you will find a nice surprise!
Star of David and Other Kid Friendly Projects
- make Lucky Stars
- make a kirigami Christmas tree
- cut a five-pointed-star
- cut a star outline
- cut a six-pointed-star
- cut a Star of David
- make a paper chain of dolls
- make a chain of paper dolls2 variation
- make circular paper dolls
- more Jewish Origami ideas
- Like Us on Facebook