Origami Christmas Ornaments
Anita Barbour is well known for her beautiful, origami Christmas ornaments. She has a 120-page book called Easy Origami Ornaments featuring 60 of her original designs. The few that you see below are just the tip of the iceberg!
Another good book for Christmas decorations is The Magic of Origami by Alice Gray and Kunihiko Kasahara. This book is is a classic and a treasure to have! All the models are easy to make and there is a large section on Christmas ornaments.
Origami Christmas Ornament Diagrams
• 3-in-1 Rabbit Ear Ornament: (AF Barbour): pg 1, pg 2
• Blossom ornament: (AF Barbour): pg 1, pg 2
• Christmas Decoration (D Petty)
• Curved Diamond Ornament (AF Barbour)
pg 1 , pg 2 , with fish base
• Double Leaf Ornament (AF Barbour)
• Skeletal Octahedron (R Neale)
• Spiral Seedpod Ornament (AF Barbour)
pg 1 , with preliminary base
• Strand of Tears Ornament (AF Barbour)
pg 1, pg 2
• Teardrop Ornament (AF Barbour)
• Tetrahedral Frame (Ow & Hull)
• Triple Leaf Ornament (AF Barbour): pg 1, pg 2
• Twelve Vaned Ornament (AF Barbour)
pg 1 , with pinwheel base
• Star Twist Ornament (AF Barbour)
pg 1, pg 2 , with bird base
• Winged Ornament (AF Barbour)
• X-mas Ball (J Skillman)
In addition to the above, there are many other origami models that can be used as ornaments.
Simply attach a string to the model and hang it up.
• birds and butterflies
• stars , ball-like modulars and kusudama
• see star-like ornaments