Circular Paper Dolls
Is your child “done” with paper chain dolls? Try this circular paper dolls variation. It brings a new dimension to the classic art & craft. Now the people hold hands and form a connect circle. What a way to show unity and goodwill among all men!
Circular Paper Dolls Instructions
- Cut out a large circle from a sheet of paper.
- You can use the rim of a plate as a template to draw the circle and then cut it out,
- you can buy a circular paper cutter, or
- you can buy pre-cut circular origami paper.
- Fold the circle in half three times (in half, into quarters, and then into eights). You will get a pie-piece shape.
- Draw out two half-figures as shown. In this example, half a man is on the left and half a woman is on the right. It is easier to have the heads pointing in towards the center of the circle and the feet pointing out towards the perimeter.
- Cut out the figures and unfold. You will find 8 figures holding hands to form a complete circle.
You can decorate the figures with eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and clothes. You can make a variation with just men holding hands or just women holding hands. A bonus feature is that the “leftover” piece of paper from the head and shoulder region unfolds into a beautiful star-burst shape!
Circular Paper Dolls Templates
To use the circular paper dolls templates below:
1. Hover your mouse over the figures.
2. Right click your mouse and “copy”.
3. Paste the figures into a text editor like Microsoft Word.
4. Print and cut out the figure that you like and use it as a template for making your own circular-paper-dolls.
Kid Friendly Kirigami Projects