Star Outline made from Cutting Paper
This page explains how to cut a star outline from a piece of paper. The first few steps are the same as the instructions to fold a perfect 5-pointed star.
Star Outline Instructions
- Take a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold in half again to mark the quarter-way point. Unfold.
- Bring the bottom left corner to the quarter-way mark at the right edge of the paper.
- Fold the bottom right corner over-top the left edge.
- Fold the bottom right over-top the left side one more time. You will get a pizza shape.
- Cut a wedge out of the bottom of the pizza shape:
cut from bottom right up towards top left.
If you cut a narrow wedge then you will get a star with skinny arms.
If you cut a fat wedge, then you will get a stumpy star.
- Cut out the shaded region as shown.
- Unfold the skinny piece of paper and see an outline of a 5-pointed star.
Other Kid Friendly Kirigami Projects