Star Outline made from Cutting Paper
This page explains how to cut a star outline from a piece of paper. The first few steps are the same as the instructions to fold a perfect 5-pointed star.
Star Outline Instructions
- Take a 8.5″ x 11″ piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold in half again to mark the quarter-way point. Unfold.
- Bring the bottom left corner to the quarter-way mark at the right edge of the paper.
- Fold the bottom right corner over-top the left edge.
- Fold the bottom right over-top the left side one more time. You will get a pizza shape.
- Cut a wedge out of the bottom of the pizza shape:
cut from bottom right up towards top left.
If you cut a narrow wedge then you will get a star with skinny arms.
If you cut a fat wedge, then you will get a stumpy star.
- Cut out the shaded region as shown.
- Unfold the skinny piece of paper and see an outline of a 5-pointed star.
Other Kid Friendly Kirigami Projects
- make a kirigami Christmas tree
- cut a 5-pointed star
- cut a 6-pointed star
- cut a Star of David
- make a paper chain of dolls
- make a variation paper chain of dolls
- make a circular paper chain of dolls
- Like Us on Facebook