Cut a Five Pointed Star
This page explains how to cut a perfect five-pointed-star from a piece of paper. It’s a great craft for birthdays, Christmas, and 4th of July celebrations – indeed, five pointed stars are good for any celebration!
How to Cut a Five-Pointed Star
- Take a 8.5″ x 11″ piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold in half again to mark the quarter-way point. Unfold.
- Bring the bottom left corner to the quarter-way mark at the
right edge of the paper.
- Fold the bottom right corner over-top the left edge.
- Fold the bottom right over-top the left side one more time.
You will get a pizza shape.
- Cut a wedge out of the bottom of the pizza shape:
cut from bottom right up towards top left.
- Unfold the wedge and see a perfect five-pointed star. If you
cut a narrow wedge then you will get a star with skinny arms.
If you cut a fat wedge, then you will get a stumpy star.
Experiment and have fun!
Other Kid Friendly Kirigami Projects
- make a kirigami Christmas tree
- cut a five-pointed-star
- cut a star outline
- cut a 6-pointed star
- cut a Star of David
- make a paper chain of dolls
- make a variation paper chain of dolls
- make circular paper dolls
- Like Us on Facebook