One Dollar Heart Bookmark
This one dollar heart bookmark was adapted from the heart bookmark made from a square created by Fumiaki Shingu.
One Dollar Heart Bookmark Instructions
- Place a US dollar bill so that the green side is up. Fold lengthwise into quarters and unfold.
- Fold the top corner at a 45 degree angle so the corner meets the quarter crease-mark made above. This forms a small triangle.
- Mountain fold the top of the dollar bill using the base of the small triangle as a landmark. Once this is done, you can unfold the small triangle.
- Valley fold the top-left and top-right corners towards the central crease line. If possible, align the paper so the number “1” and word “ONE” join up nicely
- Re-fold the dollar bill lengthwise along the quarter crease line made in step 1. At the same time, lift the triangular flap made in step 4. Progression shown in image a, b, and c.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Turn over. Valley fold the top of the model allowing the layers behind to fold forward.
- Make mountain folds along the four corners to achieve a heart shape.