A whirligig is a spinning play thing.
In this case, it is made from a paper plate!
How to Make a Whirligig
- Get a paper plate, a pair of scissors, a hole puncher, some string or yarn, and some coloring stuffs (crayons, color pencils, paints).
- Color the paper plate.
- Use the scissors and cut the paper plate in a spiral pattern. Start from the edge of the plate and spiral inwards.
- Use the hole puncher and punch a hole in the center of the paper plate.
- Tie a string in the punched hole and you're done!
- You can hang the whirligig and let the wind blow it around and around. You can also run around with it like a kite. It spins and whirls!
If you paint one plate red, another plate blue, and keep a third plate in white, then you will have some great USA-themed decorations.
See more fun paper crafts here: