You don’t need to visit a kite shop for this kite. It’s easy to make and flies very well given that there is some wind. You will need paper, tape, string, streamers, a hole puncher, and a skinny stick.
Easy Kite Instructions
- Take a piece of paper and fold it in half.
- Fold the top layer towards the right so that the crease mark is at an angle. Exact dimensions are not important, try to leave one inch at the top and two inches at the bottom.
- You will get the basic kite shape.
- Place a long strip of tape and tape down the middle of the kite. This connects the two front flaps.
- Place a stick across the top of the kite and tape it down corner to corner. You can use a skewer with the pointed ends cut off, a straw, or a skinny twig.
- Turn the kite over and punch a hole in the middle, back flap. Tie a long string in the hole.
- Fold the middle flap towards the right. Wiggle it back and forth a little until it stands upright
- Turn the kite over and attach streamers at the bottom of the kite. A tail that is 5 to 6 feet long flys very well, however, for young children, you might want to trim it to
2 to 3 feet in length. Hope for a sunny, windy day and you’re good to go.
It’s so easy and fun that you can have a party and have our own kite shop!