Tea Bag Folding: Preliminary Fold
- You will need 8 pieces of square paper. Place the sheet of paper with the color-side up. Make a diagonal crease by folding the top left corner to meet with the bottom right corner. Unfold.
- Repeat with the other side: bring the top right corner to meet with the bottom left coner. Unfold.
- Fold left to right. Unfold.
- Fold top to bottom.
- Hold the top right and top left corners with your thumb and pointer finger. Gently push the sides in until you get a diamond shape. This is the Preliminary Fold. It is a classic fold in origami.
- To make the medallion, place a dot of glue at section A. Slip this under the B section of another tile. Arrange in a circle pattern.
Tea bag folding is a fun way to make greeting cards and decorations.
More Tea Bag Designs
Books about Tea Bag Crafts
- Teabag Folding (Designs and Techniques) by Janet Wilson
- Tea Bag Sampler: 30+ Fantastic Folds by Terri Pointer
- Tea Bag Folding (Design Original Can Do Crafts) by Lani Temple
- Tea Bag Folding Through the Seasons: Celebrate the Year With Handcrafted Cards & Tags by S Reinhart
- Kaleidoscoop Folding The Basics of Tea Bag Folding by Tiny Van Der Plas
- Tea Bag Folding Card Kit
Buy Books with Tea Bag Craft
Please help by reporting broken links
so that we can fix them. One easy message from you can save us hours and hours of clicking. Thanks!
More Origami Diagrams and Instructions…
These free origami instructions are made available to you by the paper folding community at large. If you have a diagram you would like to share, or if your diagram is listed here and you wish to have it removed, please Contact Us
. Diagrams are intended for personal use. Copyright of the models lie with the origami creators and designers. Please contact the designer and/or creator directly for non-private usage of a model and/or artwork.