Origami Bird Base Instructions
- Start with a square sheet of paper with color-side facing up.
Fold and unfold along the diagonal in both directions to get an X crease.
- Flip the paper over so white-side is facing up.
Fold in half from left-to-right. Unfold.
- Fold the paper in half from top to bottom.
- Push the left and right corners inwards towards one another until new flaps of paper are formed in front and behind.
- Swivel the flaps to the side. Follow the red dot to visualize the procedure. This is also called the preliminary base.
- Work with the top layer only. Fold the left-edge and right-edge of the paper inwards so they align with the central crease.
- Fold the top of the model down. Use the flaps made in step 6 as a guide.
- Unfold the last 2 steps so you are back to the preliminary base (step 5).
- Lift the top flap upwards along the creases made in steps 6 & 7.
Steps 9a & 9b show transition steps; step 9c shows the result.
- Turn the model over and repeat step 6 (fold the left-edge and right-edge of the paper towards the central crease).
- Repeat step 9 (lift flap along crease made in step 10).