Golden Venture Folding Triangular Units
There are a variety of ways to make the basic triangular unit, but the method shown here is probably the most efficient in its use of paper. This is particularly important when you are making models that require hundreds of triangular units.
- Start with a square sheet of paper and cut it into 4 strips. Fold the strips in half crosswise.
- Fold the bottom-left and bottom-right edges up to meet the midline.
- Turn the model over.
- Fold the top-left and top-right corners towards the middle of the unit.
- Fold the triangular tab down on both sides.
- Fold the right side onto left side. The directionality is critical here. Do not fold the left side behind the right half.
- When done, the unit should have two tabs and two pockets.
- make a Golden Venture Folding candy cane
- make a Golden Venture Folding wreath like ring
- make a Golden Venture Folding swan
- make a Golden Venture Folding egg
- learn more about Golden Venture Folding