Woven Valentine Basket (3×3)
Woven Valentine Basket Instructions (3 x 3)
- Start with two pieces of paper of contrasting color. Fold the paper in half.
- Cut out a round-top rectangle as shown. Be sure that the bottom of the rectangle is where the paper is folded.
- Place the red piece on top of the white sheet. Arrange them perpendicular to one another as shown. Use a pencil and softly mark the width of the red piece onto the white piece. Repeat with the white piece over top the red piece.
- Cut the paper into 3 strips as shown with the dotted lines. Cut up to and a little beyond the pencil mark.
- Weave the round-top rectangles together: we will start with the first (top) red strip.
- Unfold the red strip a little;
- weave the first white strip in between the red strip
- unfold the second white strip a little
- weave the red strip in between the second white strip.
- unfold the red strip slightly and weave the third (and last) white strip between the red. This gives an alternating red-white-red pattern.
Repeat with the second (middle) red strip. When done, repeat with the third (bottom) red strip. Remember to weave so as to keep the checker-board pattern. When finished, you will be able to open the weaved heart into a cone-shaped basket.
- Add a string or paper handle and you’ve got yourself a Woven Valentine Paper Basket!