Toilet Paper Origami Heart
This toilet paper origami heart looks simple to make but there is a tricky step. You need to make the folds exactly the same to get a beautifully symmetrical heart; you don’t want a lopsided or skewed heart. It might take two or three tries go get the proportions just right. Give it a try, the worst thing that can happen is that you waste two squares of TP – not that bad.
Toilet Paper Origami Heart Instructions
- Make a small vertical rip along the bottom edge of the toilet paper (approx 3/4 of an inch, or 2 cm).
- Fold up the ripped section of the TP so you make 2 small triangles. Try to make these the same size and make sure the fold is at a 45 degree angle.
- Fold in the left and right corners of the TP. Make these triangles the same size as the ones made in step 2.
- Pull down the toilet paper quite a bit (about one and a half “squares” of TP).
- Valley fold the TP back up so the height of the toilet paper is about 3 inches tall.
- Mountain fold (fold behind) the bottom corners of the TP to make the bottom part of the heart. This part is a bit tricky because you have to make the fold without disrupting the small triangles made in step 2 & 3. Alternatively, you can lift the toilet paper and make valley folds as shown below:
- Roll the TP up or down to center the heart on the toilet paper roll.