by Michael LaFosse
Most of the paper dinosaurs fall into one of three categories
- The T-rex types: these are usually portrayed as the meat-eating dinosaurs that stand on 2 legs, can run fast, and are ferocious.
- The Low on the Ground Types: the second type of dinosaur are those which walk on 4 feet, are lower to the ground, and are often herbivores.
- Everything else And lastly, there are a few miscellaneous models such as dinosaur eggs, two dinosaur heads, two forms of pterandon, and a trilobite.
Some of the models are quite similar to one another so if you can fold one, you can probably fold a few more of the same style. In fact, Simplesaurus and T-rex are essentially the same model except for a minor modification on the dinosaur’s head. Some models use two sheets of paper (Apatosaurus, Archaeopteryx, Dimetrodon) but most use one sheet of paper.
The Velociraptor is particularly noteworthy because there are two flaps of paper so the mouth can open and the toes can be flared. The trilobite is not hard to fold and the results are very satisfying. All in all, Origami Dinosaurs by Michael LaFosse is a good kit: it is self contained and the origami models are within reach and not ridiculously complex.
Models in Origami Dinosaurs by Michael LaFosse
- buy Origami Dinosaurs by Michael LaFosse
- see more book reviews here
- back to free origami dinosaur diagrams
- back to more origami instructions
- back to home page
- back to site map
- Like Us on Facebook