Triangle from a Square:
Some origami models start with an equilateral triangle instead of a square sheet of paper. In this case, you need to make the triangular sheets of paper before you start.
This page will show you one method to achieve this. This method is easiest, however it is not the most space efficient. Click here to see how to make the biggest triangle from a square. You can also make a triangle from a rectangular sheet of paper.
Triangle from a Square: method 1
- Fold a square sheet of paper in half and unfold.
- Fold and unfold the top right corner down so it meets the center crease made in step 1 (align the dots).
- Repeat on the left side: fold and unfold the corner down so it meets the central crease.
- Cut along the creases to get an equilateral triangle.
- cut a triangle from a rectangle
- go back to Origami Basics page
- get instructions for origami models
- Home Page
- Site Map
- Like Us on Facebook