Pop Up Card
Why buy a card when you can make an easy pop up card yourself? This craft is kid-friendly, very doable and safe. You will need a pair of scissors, a piece of white paper, and a piece of colored paper for backing. You may also use stickers, crayons, markers, and color pencils for decorating.
Pop Up Card Instructions
- Fold a piece of white paper in half; this will be your ‘card’. Cut two notches (about one inch in lenght) along the folded edge of the paper.
- Fold over this small flap of paper. Press firmly and make a nice clean fold that is straight (parallel to the folded edge of the paper).
- Unfold the flap so that it lies flat again. You may need to wiggle it back and forth a little.
- Open the card half way. Use your fingers to push the flap of paper into the card so that the flap lies between the two layers of the paper.
- This is how the outside of the card will look like. When you open the card, a box-like shape will pop up at you.
- To complete the card, glue it onto a colored piece of paper for backing. You can decorate this pop-up so that it looks like a house. Draw a heart on it and make it a Valentine’s card. Use stickers and other craft tools to make it special.