This origami van is easy to make and looks great. You can draw windows and doors on the van if you like.
- Start with a square sheet of paper. Fold it left to right, unfold, then top to bottom, and unfold. The crease marks show the midpoints.
- Fold the bottom edge to the mid line. This crease line shows the quarter mark.
- Fold the bottom corners of the paper down as shown. These will become the wheels.
- Fold the top of the paper down using the mid-line crease as a guide.
- Fold this flap back up so that only the bottom eighth of the paper is visible. The best way to do this is to estimate the halfway point of the bottom layer and fold along this line. Location of fold does not need to be exact.
- To make the windshield of the van, fold the top right corner down to meet the bottom edge of the paper near the “front wheel” (red dot). Location of fold does not need to be exact.
- Turn over and you’re done!
Books with Easy Origami
- Easy Origami: over 30 simple projects by John Montroll
- Origami Fun Kit for Beginners by John Montroll
- My First Origami Kit by Joel Stern
- Easy Origami: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids by C Alexander & M Meinking
- Fun With Easy Origami (Dover Origami Papercraft)
- Origami: A Step-by-Step Introduction to the Art of Paper Folding by T Cook & S Henry
- Easy Origami For Kids Book Traditional Japanese Folding Papers Overs 20 Projects by J Wish
- Easy Origami for Kids: Over 40 Simple Origami Projects by O Brooks
Easy Origami Books
Please help by reporting broken links
so that we can fix them. One easy message from you can save us hours and hours of clicking. Thanks!
More Origami Diagrams and Instructions…
These free origami instructions are made available to you by the paper folding community at large. If you have a diagram you would like to share, or if your diagram is listed here and you wish to have it removed, please Contact Us
. Diagrams are intended for personal use. Copyright of the models lie with the origami creators and designers. Please contact the designer and/or creator directly for non-private usage of a model and/or artwork.