Origami Six Pointed Star
This page will show you how to fold a six-pointed star starting from a rectangular piece of paper such as 8.5″ x 11″ or A4.
- Start with a rectangular piece of paper such as 8.5″ x 11″ or A4. Fold it in half lengthwise; unfold.
- Bring the top left corner to meet the crease made in step 1. Adjust so that the bottom left part of the paper forms a sharp corner point. Fold.
- Fold the top right side over top the layers made in step 2. You should see an equilateral triangle with a segment of paper overhanging the base of the triangle. With 8.5″ x 11″ the overhang is quite small. For A4, the overhang is almost the length of the base of the triangle.
- Fold and tuck the overhang in between the layers of paper.
- Make sure that the layers of paper do not shift. Fold the triangle in half and then unfold. Repeat this on the other two sides of the triangle. These creases will be landmarks for the next step.
- Fold the top of the triangle to meet with the base of the triangle, unfold. Repeat on the other two points. Turn the model over.
- Creases not shown. Fold the top of the triangle to meet the middle of the triangle, unfold. Repeat on the other two points.
- Creases made in step 6 and 7 shown.
- Using the pre-creases, accordion pleat the bottom left corner of the triangle. Repeat on the other two corners.
- In the last pleat, tuck the paper under the first pleat. Done.