Origami Finger Claws
These origami finger claws are easy to make and fun to wear. Great as Halloween effects and can be used as spikes on dinosaurs too. A 4″ x 4″ sheet will produce a finger that is suitable for an 8-year old child, or suitable for a lady’s pinky finger
- Take a square sheet of paper and fold it in half along the diagonal. Unfold.
- Fold the left and right edges towards the center midline. This makes a kite shape.
- Fold the kite-shape in half.
- Fold the bottom up to bisect the obtuse angle (see diagram). The distance does not need to be exact but generally about half way up the length of the paper is a good landmark.
- Fold the protruding section of the paper around and behind. Effectively, you are wrapping the paper around the finger part of the model. Try to wrap the paper tightly so the fingertip is pointy.
- Fold the protruding section one more time around.
- Tuck the tip of the paper under the layer made in step 4.
- Pry open the paper layers and insert finger. Make 5 for a clawed hand.