Origami CD Cover Flower Pattern
These instructions are adapted from the “Paper CD Case Flower Design” created by golics. See original video here.
This CD cover is not hard to make but does take a bit of concentration and attention to details. However, it is a beautiful fold and well worth the effort.
- Start with a large piece of paper at least 11.5″ x 11.5″ in size. Place a CD in the center of the paper and trace it with a pen/pencil.
- Mark the center of the circle with a dot (shown in red). The next 12 steps require that you position the CD relative to the center of the circle.
- Slide the CD down so its top-edge touches the center of the circle and the center of the CD aligns with the bottom of the circle. Trace the part that lies within the circle.
- Note where the lines intersect.
- Slide the CD to the left slightly until the center of the CD aligns with the place where the two lines in step 4 meet. Trace the part that lies within the circle.
- Note where the second arc intersect with the circle.
- Again, slide the CD to the left slightly until the center of the CD aligns with the second intersection. Trace the part that lies within the circle.
- you have a flower-inside-a-circle pattern.
Continue to page 2
Books about Holiday Origami
- Origami Love Notes Kit by Florence Temko
- Origami for Easter by R Hardyman & J Brooke
- Halloween Origami by Nick Robinson
- Thanksgiving Origami by Ruth Owen
- Origami for Diwali by Robyn Hardyman
- Christmas Origami by John Montroll
- Origami Holiday Decorations by Florence Temko
- Origami Holidays by Duy Nguyen