Divide Paper into Fifths:
On occasion, you may need to divide a square sheet of paper into fifths.
It is quite difficult to “eye-ball” accurately 1/5 divisions. However, with origami, it is surprisingly easy to achieve 1/5 division accurately in just 3 steps. This method leaves 2 crease lines.
Divide Paper into Fifths: Method 1
- Fold and unfold a square sheet of paper left to right.
- Looking at the right half of the paper, fold along the diagonal from bottom-right corner to the middle of the top-edge of the paper.
- The location where the top-right corner of the paper is situated marks the 1/5 and 4/5 divisions. make a vertical valley fold here. Unfold back to a square.
- Fold and unfold the section that is 4/5-wide in half to get 1/5 + 2/5 + 2/5 divisions.
- Fold and unfold the 2/5-wide sections in half to achieve equal 1/5 divisions.
Note: the location where the top-right corner of the paper is situated marks 1/5 division along the top edge of the paper but it also defines the 2/5 division along vertical edges (right and left side) of the paper.