How to Cut a Square from a Rectangle
There are two easy ways to cut a square from a rectangular sheet of paper.
- Take a sheet of rectangular paper and fold it as shown.
- Use the edge as a guide to cut off the lower rectangle.
- Unfold the triangle and you will get a square with a diagonal crease in it. You can save the excess paper for another project.
Square from a Rectangle Method 2:
If you need a square sheet without the diagonal creases, try the next method.
- Take two sheet paper of the same size. Rotate one of them and overlay the two sheets perpendicular to one another.
- Use the edge of the top sheet as a guide to cut off the protruding section from the lower sheet.
- Remove the top sheet and you will get a square with no creases. You can use this square or the excess rectangle as a template to cut the other rectangular sheet into a square.
- go back to Origami Basics
- get instructions for origami models
- Home Page
- Site Map
- Like Us on Facebook